Sahakar Bharati Patron – Mr. Satish Marathe
Address: 67, Krishna Prasad, Dr. M. B. Raut Road, Shivaji Park, Mumbai 400028
Mobile No. : 09867383491
Born on February 1, 1950, Shri Satish Marathe holds Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce and Law (Gen) from the University of Bombay. He also holds Diploma in Journalism (Gold Medalist from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan). All through his College days, he attended morning College and worked during day time to earn a living.
Shri Satish Marathe is the Founder Member of Sahakar Bharati which was registered in the year 1979 and is presently, its Savrakshak (Patron). Previously, he was the National President for 6 years. Sahakar Bharati has spread its activities all over India and presently, over 20,000 Co Operatives are associated with Sahakar Bharati. It is the largest NGO in the Co Operative Sector in the country.
He is the Founder Director of Centre for Studies & Research in Co Operation, a Foundation registered under Section 8 of Indian Companies Act, 2013 for undertaking study and research in the Co Operative Sector.
Presently Mr. Satish Marathe is –
• Director of the National Co Operative Development Corporation (NCDC)
• Member, Executive Committee of the National Council for CoOperative Training(NCCT)
• Director on the Board of Rajkot Nagarik Sah Bank Ltd (Multi State Scheduled Co Op Bank)
• Expert Director on the Board of Thane Bharat Sahakari Bank Ltd (Scheduled Bank)
• President of Pragati Pratishthan, Residential School for the dumb and mute tribal children at Jawhar, Dist Palghar
In the past, Mr. Satish Marathe was:
• Hon. Secretary of Indian Banks’ Association (2001), Member of its Managing Committee for two terms and was also Member of Committee of Economists.
• Vice President of Private Sector Banks’ Association (2005-06).
• Member of the High Power Committee constituted by Govt. of Maharashtra in respect of Weak and Sick Urban Co-operative Banks (2001).
• Member of Maharashtra State Co-operative Council (1995-99) which was constituted by the Government of Maharashtra.
• Was Director of the Apex Bank of Urban Banks of Maharashtra & Goa Ltd.
• Ex-Director of National Youth Co Operative Society Ltd (Multi State Multi-Purpose Co Op Soc)
He has been representing the CoOperative Sector in Pre Budget meetings with the Finance Ministers for past several years.
In 2015, IFFCO conferred Sahakarita Ratna Award on Shri Satish Marathe. He is the only recipient of the Award from Maharashtra.
Shri Satish Marathe started his Banking career in Bank of India and rose to be the Chairman and CEO of The United Western Bank Ltd (from 2002 to 2006). Earlier, in September 1991, became CEO of Janakalyan Sahakari Bank Ltd. which recorded high consistent growth during his 10 years tenure.
Sahakar Bharati Patron Satish Marathe appointed as Vice-Chairman of LINAC Inamdar Co-op Academy (LINAC) : GC constituted Sahakar Bharati Patron Satish Marathe has been appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the Governing body of the newly rechristened Laxmanrao Inamdar...